2017년 2월 22일 수요일

Seoullo 7017, one of the urban regeneration project in Korea[seoul skygarden].



First content for my blog is 'Seoullo 7017'. This project is what I've been heard about hundreds of times in a day recently(that's because i am now working for the corporation which was started as an civic group for this project.) 

When i first heard about the project, i naively thought like this 'Oh, good, more park, more green, good '.

However, there are numerous concerns related to this simple, shabby high-level road such as local merchants, commuters as well as residents.

Many are opposed to this projects, one of the citizen even told that he would throw himself if project is proceeded.

Anyway the high-road is under construction, will open on May.

Seoul city opened international competition for this shabby high-road, the winner is MVRDV from Netherland.

When Winy Maas, chief designer for the project, visited Seoul and presented their works, I either was there. The main idea is to change this worn high road into botanical garden composed of all plants species in Korea.


pic of the site from regeneration center(23th, Feb)

My office is 5 minutes away from here on foot 

I am really looiking forward to opening.

Welcome every comments with any topic


I will keep posting what I see, what I feel 


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기